Wednesday 15 August 2012

Missing India

No, I've never been there .
But as soon as I solve my problems inshallah, I will definitely go .
Just living in a Gulf country, is like living in India .
Indians brought not only work force but above all their culture, that is their funny English accent, the way they move their head while speaking, their ability to sacrifice and bear the pains of life, as well as food and movies .
I learned so much about Indians, their traditions and their problems, from the lady who used to help me in the house, that I learned to love the country as if it was mine .

I remember Naleni came to my door the first day I moved in .
The watchman told her there was a new guest in the flat, so she rang at the door and introduced herself .
She was one of the few, among the so called "low skilled workers" who can speak a very good English .
She immediately understood I was a disaster in the house, so she kinda took the lead .
And it was my fault to give her so much power to take decisions about dresses, food and forniture .
When I regretted later, I had to make a step back and be a little rude to her .
But she understood and gave me my space .

Indians are incredibly soft hearted persons, because they are doomed to suffer, and so they understand other people sufferance .
With all the difficulties they have at home and when they migrate, they always keep a level of dignity I've never seen among Westerners when confronting adversities .
Of course hardships make them a little bit cautious, and often get their revenge in strange ways, or play tricks as well, but when they acknowledge that the person standing in front of them has a pure heart and intends no evil, then they are the most loyal and honest people, one may hope to deal with .

I've seen Indians working under the sun with 50 degrees and sleeping in rooms without AC and together with other ten people, packed up like sardines, and never complaining, just smiling .
I hope one day I can meet Naleni and the others again .
I just miss their humanity .
Europe is so sad .

No comments:

Post a Comment