Saturday 18 August 2012

Marrying the CIA

She was relieved by his response: I didn’t marry the CIA. I didn’t marry the State Department. I married Carol Ann Fleming.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/17/3461351/wife-mom-spy.html#storylink=cpy
charlotteobserver

Difficult to think it was exactly like this .
Marrying someone who's been hiding the truth for some time, doesn't exactly feel that comfortable .
But I'll leave it like that, same as all the extraordinary things which were part of Carol life .
I started to follow her blog when I was living in the Gulf .
At the time she was working for some local television .
I was imagining she hadn't been an ordinary diplomat, rather an agent of influence, as this has been the role of her blog in those days, together with all the other bloggers on the state department galaxy .
Nevertheless she contributed to give to the world, and without putting lipstick on it, the true image of Saudi Arabia and Arabs in generals, which is not that of terrorists or camel travelers, a stereotype still trendy, here in the West .
Carol is a great woman who has lived many lives .
May Allah be with her always and protect her path .

No comments:

Post a Comment